When it comes to long-range shooting, having a reliable rangefinder is crucial for achieving precision and accuracy.
A good rangefinder allows the shooter to accurately measure the distance to the target, essential for adjusting the scope or sight. With the right rangefinder for long-range shooting, you can eliminate guesswork and improve your accuracy, making it easier to hit your targets consistently.
Finding the best rangefinder for long-range shooting can be challenging, as there are many factors to consider. The shooting you plan to do, the distance you need to shoot, and the conditions you will be shooting in all play a role in determining the most suitable rangefinder.
Additionally, a wide variety of rangefinders are available on the market, each with its own set of features, making it difficult to determine which is the best for your specific needs.
Fortunately, we have reviewed many rangefinders for long-range shooting and can help you select the one that is right for you. We consider range, accuracy, magnification, durability, and ease of use to recommend only the best rangefinders.
Whether you are a seasoned hunter or a competitive shooter, we can help you find the rangefinder that meets your needs and helps you achieve your goals. With our guidance, you can be confident that you are investing in a rangefinder to help you succeed in your shooting endeavors.
Top 9 Best Long-Range Rangefinders
- Top 9 Best Long-Range Rangefinders
- Best Rangefinder for Shooting 1000 Yards: Leupold RX-2800
- Best Laser Rangefinder for Western Hunting: Vortex Optics Ranger 1800
- Best Rangefinder for Long-Range Shooting: Bushnell Prime 1700
- Best Rangefinder for Precision Shooting: Halo Optics XLR 2000 6X Magnification Accurate Precise Water
- Best Rangefinder for the Longest Range with Ballistics Calculator: Sig Sauer Kilo2400ABS
- Best Budget Rangefinder for Long-Range Shooting: Gogogo Sport Vpro
- Best Handheld Rangefinder for Long-Range Hunting: Nikon PROSTAFF 1000i
- Best Hunting Rangefinder for Target Shooting: Bushnell BoneCollector 850
- Best Long-Range Rangefinder with Ballistic Calculator: Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800
- How to Choose the Best Rangefinder for Long-Range Shooting
- What is a rangefinder for long-range shooting?
- How does a rangefinder work?
- Can I use any rangefinder for long-range shooting?
- How accurate are rangefinders for long-range shooting?
- Do I need to be skilled in using a rangefinder for long-range shooting?
- Can rangefinders be used in low-light conditions?
- How important is durability in a rangefinder for long-range shooting?
- How do I choose the best rangefinder for my needs?
Best Rangefinder for Shooting 1000 Yards: Leupold RX-2800
Leupold RX-2800 stands out as the top choice for long-range shooting enthusiasts, earning its place as the Best Rangefinder for Shooting 1000 Yards. Its remarkable accuracy, capable of measuring distances up to 2800 yards, sets it apart. This ensures precision at extreme distances, which is crucial for long-range shooters.
First, it offers ballistic data for improved accuracy. Shooters can make precise adjustments, compensating for factors like wind and bullet drop, resulting in more accurate shots. Second, Leupold’s Twilight Max Light Management System enhances low-light performance, a significant advantage for dawn or dusk shooting. Lastly, it’s durable and waterproof, built for the rugged outdoors.
Leupold RX-2800 is ideal for experienced long-range shooters who demand precision. Its advanced features justify the investment. It’s highly recommended for those who value accuracy and reliability in long-range shooting.
- Exceptional range of 2800 yards.
- Provides ballistic data for improved accuracy.
- Superior low-light performance.
- Durable and waterproof.
- Trusted Leupold quality.
- Advanced features may be overwhelming for beginners.
Best Laser Rangefinder for Western Hunting: Vortex Optics Ranger 1800
The Vortex Optics Ranger 1800 is the Best Laser Rangefinder for Western Hunting. Its compact design and long-distance range make it perfect for hunters in open terrain. It’s favored for its accuracy, with a range of 1800 yards, providing hunters with precise distance measurements.
Key features include its Horizontal Component Distance (HCD) mode, which calculates angle-compensated distances. This is crucial when hunting in hilly Western landscapes. It also offers a scan mode for continuous distance tracking, helping hunters keep tabs on moving targets.
The Vortex Optics Ranger 1800 is tailored for Western hunters who require precise measurements in challenging environments. It’s a valuable companion for those looking to maximize their hunting success.
- 1800-yard range with accuracy.
- Angle-compensated distances with HCD mode.
- Scan mode for moving targets.
- Compact and easy to carry.
- Durable build for rugged hunting conditions.
- Limited to 1800 yards.
- Slightly bulkier than some competitors.
Best Rangefinder for Long-Range Shooting: Bushnell Prime 1700
The Bushnell Prime 1700 earns its reputation as the Best Rangefinder for Long Range Shooting due to its reliability and affordability. It offers a range of 1700 yards, making it an excellent choice for shooters aiming for distant targets without breaking the bank.
The Bushnell Prime 1700 features Angle Range Compensation (ARC) technology, which calculates the true horizontal distance for precise incline shots. It’s also known for its clear optics, providing sharp visuals even at maximum range.
This rangefinder is perfect for budget-conscious long-range shooters still demanding accuracy and essential features. It’s a recommendable option for those looking for a reliable tool without a high price tag.
- Affordable and cost-effective.
- Angle Range Compensation (ARC) technology.
- Clear optics for sharp visuals.
- Simple and user-friendly.
- Suitable for beginners.
- Limited to 1700 yards.
- Fewer advanced features compared to premium models.
Best Rangefinder for Precision Shooting: Halo Optics XLR 2000 6X Magnification Accurate Precise Water
The Halo Optics XLR 2000 is revered as the Best Rangefinder for Precision Shooting, and for good reason.
This rangefinder’s standout features include its ballistics calculator, which factors variables like wind speed and bullet drop, providing shooters with crucial data for precise shots. Its lightweight and comfortable design ensures ease of use during long shooting sessions. The device’s long-lasting battery is a significant advantage, ensuring it remains reliable in the field.
The Halo Optics XLR 2000 suits serious precision shooters who demand accuracy and reliability. It’s a must-have for those looking to achieve pinpoint accuracy in their shooting endeavors consistently.
- Exceptional range of 2000 yards.
- Advanced ballistics calculator for precise shots.
- Lightweight and comfortable design.
- Long-lasting battery.
- Accurate and reliable.
- Higher price point.
- Advanced features may be overwhelming for beginners.
Best Rangefinder for the Longest Range with Ballistics Calculator: Sig Sauer Kilo2400ABS
The Sig Sauer Kilo2400ABS earns its reputation as the Best Rangefinder for the Longest Range with a built-in ballistics calculator. Its astonishing range of 2400 yards allows shooters to measure distances with unparalleled precision, making it a top choice for long-range enthusiasts.
This rangefinder’s standout features include its integrated ballistics calculator, which factors in environmental conditions and provides real-time aiming solutions. It offers an extensive ballistic database, giving shooters an edge in calculating accurate shots. Additionally, the device is waterproof and built for durability, ensuring it can handle rugged shooting environments.
The Sig Sauer Kilo2400ABS is ideal for experienced long-range shooters who require extreme accuracy and a comprehensive ballistics solution. It’s highly recommended for those who demand precision over long distances.
- Impressive range of 2400 yards.
- Advanced ballistics calculator with a comprehensive database.
- Waterproof and durable.
- Precise long-range shooting.
- Built for rugged environments.
- Higher price point.
- Advanced features may not be necessary for casual shooters.
Best Budget Rangefinder for Long-Range Shooting: Gogogo Sport Vpro
The Gogogo Sport Vpro is celebrated as the Best Budget Rangefinder for Long-Range Shooting. Despite its affordability, it doesn’t compromise on functionality, making it an excellent choice for budget-conscious shooters.
This rangefinder offers a range of 650 yards, sufficient for most long-range shooting needs. It stands out with its flagpole locking function, ensuring users can accurately measure distances to flags. The 6x magnification provides a clear view of the target, enhancing accuracy.
The Gogogo Sport Vpro is perfect for shooters on a budget who still demand essential rangefinder features. It’s recommended for beginners and those looking for an economical yet reliable tool for long-range shooting.
- Affordable and budget-friendly.
- Flagpole locking function for precise measurements.
- 6x magnification for a clear view.
- Suitable for beginners.
- Lightweight and portable.
- Limited to 650 yards.
- Lacks advanced features found in premium models.
Best Handheld Rangefinder for Long-Range Hunting: Nikon PROSTAFF 1000i
The Nikon PROSTAFF 1000i is the Best Handheld Rangefinder for Long-Range Hunting due to its exceptional features tailored for hunters.
Its compact and lightweight design makes it easy to carry during long treks in the wild. The device’s long-distance measuring capability of up to 1,000 yards provides hunters with precise distance data. Its superior optics ensure a clear, sharp view, even in low-light conditions.
This rangefinder’s standout features include its Incline/Decline technology, which calculates the true horizontal distance for accurate shots in varied terrain.
The Tru-Target Technology allows users to switch between First and Distant Target modes, enhancing versatility in different hunting scenarios. The waterproof and fog-proof design ensures reliability in adverse weather conditions.
The Nikon PROSTAFF 1000i is perfect for hunters seeking a reliable, portable rangefinder. It’s highly recommended for those who demand accuracy and clarity in long-range hunting.
- Compact and lightweight for portability.
- Incline/Decline technology for precise shots in varying terrain.
- Tru-Target Technology enhances versatility.
- Clear optics in low-light conditions.
- Waterproof and fog-proof for reliability in adverse weather.
- Limited to 1000 yards.
- It may lack advanced features found in premium models.
Best Hunting Rangefinder for Target Shooting: Bushnell BoneCollector 850
The Bushnell Bone Collector 850 is recognized as the Best Hunting Rangefinder for Target Shooting, known for its accuracy and precision. It features a rugged design with a Realtree Edge Camo finish, making it ideal for hunting enthusiasts.
This rangefinder’s standout features include its long-range measurement capability of up to 850 yards, ensuring hunters can accurately gauge distances. The built-in ballistic data calculator aids in making precise shots, considering variables like bullet drop and wind conditions. The clear optics and magnification provide a sharp view of the target, enhancing accuracy.
The Bushnell Bone Collector 850 is tailored for hunters who prioritize accuracy and durability in the field. It’s particularly suited for those who engage in target shooting as part of their hunting endeavors.
- Rugged and camouflaged design for hunters.
- Long-range measurement up to 850 yards.
- Built-in ballistic data calculator for precise shots.
- Clear optics and magnification for a sharp view.
- Durable and reliable in hunting conditions.
- Limited to 850 yards.
- It may not have the advanced features of premium models.
Best Long-Range Rangefinder with Ballistic Calculator: Leica Rangemaster CRF 2800
The Leica 2800 stands out as the Best Long-Range Rangefinder with a Ballistic Calculator, making it a top choice for long-range shooting enthusiasts. It combines the power of precise distance measurement with advanced ballistics technology.
This rangefinder’s standout features include its impressive range of up to 2800 yards, allowing users to measure extreme distances accurately. The built-in ballistic calculator considers multiple variables, such as temperature and air pressure, to give shooters precise aiming solutions. The device’s clear and high-contrast display ensures readability in all conditions.
The Leica 2800 is perfect for long-range shooters who demand extreme accuracy and advanced ballistics solutions. It’s recommended for those looking to hit targets at extended distances consistently.
- Exceptional range of up to 2800 yards.
- Advanced ballistic calculator for precise aiming solutions.
- Clear and high-contrast display for readability.
- Durable and reliable in challenging shooting conditions.
- Comprehensive ballistic features.
- Premium price point.
- Advanced features may be overwhelming for beginners.
How to Choose the Best Rangefinder for Long-Range Shooting
When selecting a rangefinder for long-range shooting, several key factors must be considered. Here are some important points to keep in mind:
Determine the maximum range you will be shooting and choose a rangefinder to measure distances beyond that range accurately.
Look for a rangefinder with precise measurements to help you adjust your scope or sight.
Choose a rangefinder with sufficient magnification to see the target clearly and make accurate measurements.
Select a rangefinder that is rugged enough to withstand the conditions of your shooting environment, such as extreme temperatures, rain, or rough terrain.
Ease of Use
Consider how easy the rangefinder is to operate, especially if you use it in fast-paced shooting situations.
Look for a precise, easy-to-read rangefinder, even in low-light conditions.
Choose a rangefinder with a long-lasting battery so you don’t have to worry about it dying during a shoot.
Consider the brand’s reputation and read reviews from other shooters to ensure you invest in a quality rangefinder.
Determine your budget and find a rangefinder that meets your needs within that budget.
Consider any additional features you may need, such as angle compensation or Bluetooth connectivity, and choose a rangefinder that offers those features.
You may have some questions if you’re new to using rangefinders for long-range shooting. Here are some of the most common questions and their answers:
What is a rangefinder for long-range shooting?
A rangefinder is a device that helps you determine the distance between you and your target, which is crucial for accurate long-range shooting.
How does a rangefinder work?
A rangefinder uses lasers or other technologies to bounce a beam of light off the target and back to the rangefinder, which then calculates the distance based on the time it takes for the light to return.
Can I use any rangefinder for long-range shooting?
No, not all rangefinders are suitable for long-range shooting. Look for a long-range and high-accuracy rangefinder for the best results.
How accurate are rangefinders for long-range shooting?
Most rangefinders for long-range shooting are accurate to within one yard or meter, but factors such as weather conditions and the reflectivity of the target can affect accuracy.
Do I need to be skilled in using a rangefinder for long-range shooting?
It helps to have some experience using a rangefinder, but anyone can learn to use one effectively with practice.
Can rangefinders be used in low-light conditions?
Yes, many rangefinders come with a built-in light source or have a readable display in low-light conditions.
How important is durability in a rangefinder for long-range shooting?
Durability is crucial, especially if you use the rangefinder in rugged terrain or harsh weather conditions.
How do I choose the best rangefinder for my needs?
Consider factors such as range, accuracy, magnification, ease of use, budget, and any additional features you may need. Research and read reviews before making a purchase.