Probably one of the most popular grilled chicken recipes is the grilled lemon chicken, but it isn’t that difficult to make it surprisingly.
All you need is the right ingredients, and voila, you have your very own version of it.
I remember making this for the first time, and it didn’t turn out like what I expect, but it certainly didn’t disappoint in taste.
So to start, these are the ingredients you need:
- ½ cup of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- One teaspoon of salt
- 4-lb chicken cut into smaller pieces, boneless and skinless
- Two cloves of garlic
- Pinch of thyme
- One tablespoon of fresh lemon zest finely grated
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- One large egg
- A touch of Dijon Mustard
1. Mix all the ingredients and put all of it into a blender.
2. Place your chicken pieces into a large bowl and add the blended ingredients over it. Mix and make sure your chicken pieces are covered entirely with it.
You can choose to marinate the chicken pieces over 24 hours to get the best absorption of flavor
3. Now get your gas grill and heat all burners on high for about 10 minutes. After that, bring down the heat to moderate.
4. Oil the grill rack before placing the chicken on it. Your chicken will begin to sear.
5. Monitor this step for about 8 minutes and turn your chicken over until it is well browned all-round.
6. Turn down the heat slightly and then allow your chicken to cook with the lid shut. Alternatively, you can turn off the middle burner and cook your chicken with the lid shut.
7. Ensure that your chicken is well cooked all by turning it over when necessary. When you are happy with them, serve them on a platter to your guests!
Cooking times vary depending on the parts of your chicken.
Chicken Breasts will take approx: 18-21 minutes
Chicken Wings will take approx: 12-14 minutes (if you choose to use chicken wings, keep the skin and bones)
Other parts depend on the size and your best guestimate J
Enjoy this recipe!